Preventive dentistry focuses on identifying and managing possible problems early. Taking precautionary measures will help avoid the need for more complex treatment in the future. At Eaddy Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, PLLC in Austin, Texas, we are of the firm belief that prevention is better than cure. We also know that proactive dental management will deliver better results than emergency repairs. Hence if we suspect that you are at risk for developing severe oral problems, we offer comprehensive assessments to control the situation before it can progress to a more severe condition needing extensive treatments in the future.
What Does Preventive Dental Care Involve?
Our dentists are committed to retaining your pearly whites for life. The simplest way to achieve this goal is by preventing problems before they start affecting your mouth. During your visit for preventive care, we may perform the following tests:
- Check your teeth for cavities and decay
- Check existing restorative appliances for wear and tear
- Assessment for gum disease
- X-rays are taken to detect cysts, tooth decay, infection, tumors, and bone loss
- Apply dental sealants to protect the molar teeth
- Screen the gums and oral mucosa for signs of oral cancer
- Fluoride treatment to strengthen enamel
- Removal of the harmful plaque and tartar deposits
- Polishing of teeth for a smooth and easy surface
How Can We Help?
Our objective is to help patients maintain their optimum oral health, which reduces the risk of needing complex dental treatments. As part of our preventive measures, we educate our patients on the importance of oral health and disease management. We provide dietary advice and tips for maintaining good oral hygiene at home. This may also include suggestions for oral care products suitable to your needs.
In addition, regular dental exams and cleanings are one of the best preventive dentistry techniques. We will monitor your oral structures and make sure they are being maintained and cared for in the best possible manner. Our dentists also recommend routine X-rays every year to check that the underlying structures are in a good state.
How to Prevent Tooth Decay?
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Floss once a day
- Schedule dental check-ups and teeth cleanings once every six months
- Don’t snack before bedtime.
- Avoid foods and drinks high in sugar content especially aerated drinks
How to Prevent Gum Disease?
At home, you need to follow an efficient oral hygiene routine to reduce plaque accumulations, which is generally the cause of gum disease. Rinsing your mouth with a mouthwash used to treat gingivitis can also be helpful.
People residing in Lakeway, TX can book an appointment at the practice for all their dental needs. Visit our office, Eaddy Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry, PLLC, at 900 Ranch Rd 620 S C200, Lakeway, TX 78734 or call (512) 607-9996 and schedule an appointment.