Single Tooth Implants – Austin, TX
Fill the Empty Space in Your Smile
No one ever expects to lose a tooth, but 120 million Americans are missing at least one. An incomplete smile can be devastating to your self-esteem. Not to mention, your quality of life and dental health will also suffer. Thankfully, you don’t need to live with the empty space. There are several solutions to treat tooth loss. Besides conventional treatments, we also offer the latest options using dental implants in Lakeway. We can rebuild your smile using a dental prosthetic that looks and feels natural.
Options to Replace a Single Missing Tooth
Losing even one tooth creates potentially serious complications for your oral health because you aren’t just missing the crown. You also lost the root which means your jawbone isn’t being stimulated anymore. As a result, it will slowly shrink, causing your remaining teeth to lose the support they need to stay in place. When they drift out of alignment, you develop an increased risk of several new issues, like cavities, gum disease, and additional tooth loss.
As you lose more teeth, simple tasks like chewing will be more difficult. You can struggle to chew many foods, causing you to limit your diet. Over time, this can lead to nutritional deficiencies that negatively impact your general health.
Eaddy Dentistry has the solutions you need to fill the space of your missing tooth. Based on your oral health and your preferences, you can benefit from one of two options:
- Fixed Bridge: Also known as a bridge and crowns, this is the most traditional treatment. Your dentist in Lakeway takes an impression of your mouth to recreate your tooth from all-ceramic material. It’s held in place using dental crowns that are bonded to your adjacent teeth. This is a convenient solution that can last for about 7 years before needing to be replaced, but you will need to permanently remove enamel from healthy teeth.
- Dental Implant: A dental implant replicates the entire structure of a tooth, including the root. A titanium implant post is placed into your jaw to support your custom-made restoration, which is affixed to it using an abutment. You’ll enjoy a close replica of your natural tooth using a solution that can potentially last for a lifetime with the right aftercare.
Benefits of a Dental Implant
A dental implant is the most successful and preferred treatment to replace a tooth because it provides a variety of advantages that aren’t possible with a fixed bridge, including:
- Over a 95% success rate to last for decades.
- Looks natural using all-ceramic material.
- Feels natural to enjoy your favorite foods.
- Stimulates new bone growth to preserve your jaw’s density.
- Stops dental drift to improve your oral health.
- Supports your facial tissues for a youthful appearance.
- Cost-effective because you shouldn’t need to pay to have it replaced.
Schedule an Appointment Today!
You don’t need to live with a gap in your smile. We have the solutions you need to replace your missing tooth. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation for dental implants.