August 25, 2020
When you first decide to take the first steps towards your dream smile, the first question on your mind is probably, “Which treatment will I need?” Do you need direct bonding to hide a crack in your smile? Or are there a few stains in need of whitening? There are a variety of procedures to choose from – but what you may not realize is that there’s no need to pick just one. Your cosmetic dentist in Lakeway can combine a variety of procedures in order to bring you closer to the flawless smile that you’ve pictured in your dreams. Read on to learn how individual cosmetic services can be combined for dazzling results.
What Kinds of Cosmetic Procedures are Available?
Each type of cosmetic dental treatment is typically used to address specific flaws. Here are some of the procedures you might consider based on your needs:
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin shells can be used to improve the color, size, and shape of your teeth. They’re useful for hiding discoloration, chips, gaps, and other cosmetic issues.
- All-Ceramic Crowns: A ceramic crown can be used in place of a traditional metal restoration so that you can strengthen and protect your tooth without sacrificing its natural appearance.
- Teeth Whitening: Whether it’s performed in-office or via a whitening kit, you can whiten your teeth by up to 8 shades, helping them regain some of the brightness they might have lost over the years.
- Gum Recontouring: An uneven or damaged gum line can change the appearance of your smile, but gum recontouring can help restore the balance of your grin.
- Invisalign: If you have crooked teeth or an uneven bite, Invisalign can help you correct them without needing to wear metal braces.
How Can Different Cosmetic Procedures Be Used Together?
Even if you already have a kind of cosmetic treatment in mind, it’s best to schedule a consultation with a cosmetic dentist first to learn more about your options. Once your dentist has examined your teeth, they can recommend treatments that they deem appropriate. Your treatment plan will vary depending on your needs. For example, if you have crooked teeth that are also extensively chipped and stained in several places, your dentist might suggest Invisalign followed by the placement of porcelain veneers. In other cases, you may undergo teeth whitening to brighten your smile before receiving veneers and crowns that have been shaded to match the new color of your teeth.
Are you considering a smile makeover? Take the time to research your options beforehand; that way you’ll already have a good idea of what you’ll want to discuss during your consultation. Take the first steps in planning your own personal smile makeover!
About Eaddy Dentistry
At Eaddy Dentistry, Dr. Winston Eaddy and Dr. Daniel Eaddy want to give their patients every reason to smile. We offer a wide variety of preventive and restorative dental services, but we also have numerous cosmetic procedures that you can take advantage of, including porcelain veneers, Invisalign, and gum recontouring. To schedule a cosmetic consultation with us, visit our website or call (512) 263-4252.
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.